Well, I finally have a proper WordPress site. And you know what? The move was really easy. Luckily Dreamhost has a really good “one click install” for WordPress as well as several other programs.
A few highlights of the new blog:
- A proper RSS feed! So you can actually follow my posts now if you use Google Reader. I’ll wait here while you subscribe.
- When you click on any of my photos, you will get a larger image. Yippee!
- A commenting system that I don’t have to pay extra for
- Links within project pictures will actually go to specific posts, not just to the month
- Proper website linking in Ravelry.
The only bad thing about moving to the new site is that I cannot easily move my 65 months worth of posts (if I assume I averaged 5 posts a month, that is 325 posts) without doing it one by one. Even if I did two extra posts a day, that is still nearly 6 months worth of work. For now I have my old archives as a link off to the side there. As I have time, energy and stamina I will try to add the old posts to WordPress. I am going to prioritize bringing the gallery photos over though, as I think my new set up will be much better.
So, what do you think? Do you like it so far? Anything wonky or hard to read? I’m looking for honest opinions. Thanks all for the support, you’re the best readers ever. I have so much to blog over the next little while that I am just about bursting. But for now I leave you with our annual Christmas picture, which turned out so well this year.