So as most people know now, Google Reader will cease to exist this summer. I have moved over to Bloglovin and I am lovin’ in. Ahem. Haha. Anyway….if you want to follow me on Bloglovin please use the link below! There seems to be two options for my blog and this is the one that works…I am working to get the other one deleted.
Posts from the Website work Category
Choose another category?
Hey everyone – sorry for the radio silence. Things have been super busy, which I always prefer. But it makes for a bad blogger. However, I was tagged by two people for blogger awards (thanks Robin and Lynne! )
For both awards (the Libster Blog and the Versitle Blogger) I am supposed to tell you some things you might not know about me. So here we go!
1. I love to go fast in cars. Ok, anyone who knows me personally definitely already knows this. Just this past weekend I was in SC at a performance driving school. And I may have beat my hubby on the timed laps. As my friend Jason said, “Hmmm ~7B people in the world and you’re likely the only one who creates knitting rolls one day and burns the wheels off a BMW with your hubby the next. ”.
2. I am very self conscious about the amount that I talk. Have always been, likely will always be. I think it is from years of being told I talked to much as a kid/teen.
3. I used to play lacrosse on a University (and high school) level. With the Queen’s University team we won the provincial championship twice. I was faaaar from a star player, but I did enjoy it a lot for the five years I played. (I also played field hockey for a couple of years)
4. I am making big plans for the year I turn 34 (next year). 34 was my Dad’s number in high school as well as mine throughout my sports career. So I figure I am going to do a bunch of stuff I have always talked about doing but have put off.
5. I have a double major degree in Biology and Chemistry. And even though I don’t specifically use it every day (I did work in pharma for a while) it is the best decision I ever made. I loved what I learned (most of the time) and finishing university has given me many opportunities that would have been harder to come by without that piece of paper. I think about going back some day, but this time for a textile degree. (Opposite ends of the spectrum much?)
I won’t specifically tag people, because I don’t want anyone to feel that they have to participate, but here are some of my favourite blogs (tried to pick blogs that, like me, don’t have 3 million people reading them a day):
Jackie – Jackie is a seriously talented artist. I love reading her blog when she posts about her artist in residence events and when she works on her vessels.
Jen – I love her writing style, her kids are adorable, she is a great artist and really active in her community (I met Jen back when I lived in TO)
Lindsay – Ok, Lindsay probably has 3 million hits a day, but she has a fabulous blog (and she is a fabulous person!) so I don’t want to miss passing her blog along to anyone that doesn’t read it already. Great photography and honest writing. And pretty crafting!
Sorry for the ridiculous radio silence – we had a near catastrophic hard drive failure here chez Miller and for quite a while I thought I had lost all of my photos. All of them. But we are just about back together now, yee-haw! I have so much to catch you all up on, and watch for a big announcement coming here on the blog!
Back to regular scheduled blogging!
I finally got around to doing some proper galleries of my finished objects. If you refresh you should be able to see them all along the top of the page. Have a look, poke around, and let me know if anything is wonky. If you click on one picture, it will let you scroll through them all. Or you can just click on the picture again and it will take you back to the gallery.
It is good to see them all on this page and organized so nicely. Lets forget the fact that I have been at the computer all day doing this when I should be doing things like cleaning and finishing 20,000 other crafting projects I have on the go.
I also have updated the card gallery to include a whole bunch of cards that I have made over the last little while. Here are a couple of my favourites.
Well, I finally have a proper WordPress site. And you know what? The move was really easy. Luckily Dreamhost has a really good “one click install” for WordPress as well as several other programs.
A few highlights of the new blog:
- A proper RSS feed! So you can actually follow my posts now if you use Google Reader. I’ll wait here while you subscribe.
- When you click on any of my photos, you will get a larger image. Yippee!
- A commenting system that I don’t have to pay extra for
- Links within project pictures will actually go to specific posts, not just to the month
- Proper website linking in Ravelry.
The only bad thing about moving to the new site is that I cannot easily move my 65 months worth of posts (if I assume I averaged 5 posts a month, that is 325 posts) without doing it one by one. Even if I did two extra posts a day, that is still nearly 6 months worth of work. For now I have my old archives as a link off to the side there. As I have time, energy and stamina I will try to add the old posts to WordPress. I am going to prioritize bringing the gallery photos over though, as I think my new set up will be much better.
So, what do you think? Do you like it so far? Anything wonky or hard to read? I’m looking for honest opinions. Thanks all for the support, you’re the best readers ever. I have so much to blog over the next little while that I am just about bursting. But for now I leave you with our annual Christmas picture, which turned out so well this year.