Hey everyone – sorry for the radio silence. Things have been super busy, which I always prefer. But it makes for a bad blogger. However, I was tagged by two people for blogger awards (thanks Robin and Lynne! )
For both awards (the Libster Blog and the Versitle Blogger) I am supposed to tell you some things you might not know about me. So here we go!
1. I love to go fast in cars. Ok, anyone who knows me personally definitely already knows this. Just this past weekend I was in SC at a performance driving school. And I may have beat my hubby on the timed laps. As my friend Jason said, “Hmmm ~7B people in the world and you’re likely the only one who creates knitting rolls one day and burns the wheels off a BMW with your hubby the next. ”.
2. I am very self conscious about the amount that I talk. Have always been, likely will always be. I think it is from years of being told I talked to much as a kid/teen.
3. I used to play lacrosse on a University (and high school) level. With the Queen’s University team we won the provincial championship twice. I was faaaar from a star player, but I did enjoy it a lot for the five years I played. (I also played field hockey for a couple of years)
4. I am making big plans for the year I turn 34 (next year). 34 was my Dad’s number in high school as well as mine throughout my sports career. So I figure I am going to do a bunch of stuff I have always talked about doing but have put off.
5. I have a double major degree in Biology and Chemistry. And even though I don’t specifically use it every day (I did work in pharma for a while) it is the best decision I ever made. I loved what I learned (most of the time) and finishing university has given me many opportunities that would have been harder to come by without that piece of paper. I think about going back some day, but this time for a textile degree. (Opposite ends of the spectrum much?)
I won’t specifically tag people, because I don’t want anyone to feel that they have to participate, but here are some of my favourite blogs (tried to pick blogs that, like me, don’t have 3 million people reading them a day):
Jackie – Jackie is a seriously talented artist. I love reading her blog when she posts about her artist in residence events and when she works on her vessels.
Jen – I love her writing style, her kids are adorable, she is a great artist and really active in her community (I met Jen back when I lived in TO)
Lindsay – Ok, Lindsay probably has 3 million hits a day, but she has a fabulous blog (and she is a fabulous person!) so I don’t want to miss passing her blog along to anyone that doesn’t read it already. Great photography and honest writing. And pretty crafting!