January 2nd, 2005 - Short Hiatus
Happy New Year everyone! I hope that everyone had as good a holiday as I did. A short recap of the great things that went on over the holidays for me.
1. I got to wake up with TJ in our own home Christmas morning. This is something I really appreciate as it makes me realize that we are now the Miller family.
2. TJ gave me two fantastic gifts. The first (and best) was a book made through Apple. Whenever TJ and I go anywhere, we turn the camera around and take a picture of ourselves. TJ took all the pictures that we have like this from the last four years and made them into a soft cover book with all the dates and locations of where we were. I cried. A lot. He also bought me an iPod for my trip. Now, I know that thousands of iPods were given as gifts this year, but I am the only one with this engraved on the back:
Isn't that just the coolest? I have a great husband.
3. I finished my Mom's socks on time and they fit.
4. I got to spend lots of time with family and friends, and I ate too much.
5. I got a beautiful gift from TJ's Mom:
A Christmas ornament that was TJ's grandma's, and then TJ's moms, and is now mine. She is knitting on two tiny little straight pins. Even though she is supposed to be a Christmas ornament, she is going to live on my shelf with my knitting books all year round. This was definitely a favourite gift this year.
6. I knit an iPod cover for TJ's pod:
Normally I wouldn't think that this was such a great project, except that TJ knit the ribbing and the grey part at the top. With sock yarn. On the magic loop. (*Sshh! Don't tell him I told you!*) I was shocked, although I think that will be the extent of his knitting career.
7. I finished the Malabrigo set:
Wow I am a dork
Cabled hat (pattern here), mistake rib scarf, and two needle mittens (I am going to write up the pattern and post it here soon). This all took just over two skeins.
8. I got a whole bunch of new fancy business clothes for my trip.
9. I got a great birthday present from TJ:
A beautiful Louet swift. This was also a gift for himself, because now he doesn't have to hold the skeins while I wind any more.
10. Tomorrow I leave for an 8 day business trip to Dubai. Dubai. I can't believe that I am going to the other side of the world. I am a little nervous, and very excited. I am sure that it is going to feel like I am on another planet. Wish me luck!
Since I will be gone for a while, and since my blogging has not been up to snuff lately, I am going to take a short Hiatus to update the blog look and feel and get back into the routine of things. I will see you all again at the end of January. Thanks for reading!